Before attending class I will need you to print or complete the online version of the Physical Activity Readiness Questionnaire and make sure if you have any current injuries that you are assessed by your GP or physiotherapist.
This PAR-Q is designed to help you help yourself. Many health benefits are associated with regular exercise, and completion of the PAR-Q form is a sensible first step to take if you are planning to increase the amount of physical activity in your life.
For most people, physical activity should not pose a problem or hazard.
The PAR-Q has been designed to identify the small number of people for whom physical activity might be inappropriate or for those who should seek medical advice concerning the type of activity most suitable for them. Common sense is your best guide for answering these questions.
Click YES or NO for the following questions, as it applies to you
If you have answered YES to any of the above questions, then you are required to gain consent from your doctor before participating in the Pilates session.
If you have answered NO to all the above questions, you have reasonable assurance of your present suitability for:
A pilates session
A gradual increase in regular exercise promotes fitness and improves overall health, while minimising or eliminating discomfort. Postpone entry into the programme if you feel unwell or have a temporary illness.
When undertaking participation in Inspire Pilates Classes, programmes, workshops or activities, I acknowledge, appreciate and agree that:
1. I am participating in classes where I will receive information and instruction about Pilates. I recognise that the class requires physical exertion, which may be strenuous and carries a risk of causing injury. I am fully aware of the risks and hazards involved.
2. I understand it is my responsibility to consult a physician prior to and regarding my participation in the classes, programmes or workshop offered by my tutor or replacement tutor.
3. If I am pregnant I understand that I participate in the class at the risk of self and unborn.
4. I assume all responsibility for any risks, injuries or damages, known or unknown, which I may incur as a result of participation in Inspire Pilates Classes.
5. I take responsibility for any liability of loss or damage to personal property associated with Inspire Pilates.
6. I knowingly, voluntarily and expressly waive any claim I may have against Inspire Pilates, my tutor for any injury or damages I may sustain from participating in Inspire Pilates Classes.